Slow Money Francophone was launched last year by Arvind Ashta (Chair of Finance at the Burgundy School of Commerce), Aymeric Jung (Impact investor) and Raphaël Souchier (sustainable local development consultant & author ). We also now can count on a nice small team of voluntary young professionals.
After participating in a series of conferences in France, Switzerland and Belgium, and working with several foundations as well as the main social economy networks active in the field of financing food and agriculture, we have established good working relationships with most existing key players and some national media.
Among these individuals and organizations are :
- Philippe Desbrosses, one of the pioneers of organic farming in France ;
- Charles Hevre Gruyere, from the Bec-Hellouin permaculture farm and training center, and a friend of Eliot Coleman ;
- Leo Coutellec / MIRAMAP, an association of ten regional CSA networks ;
- The Colibris citizens grassroots movement ;
- SFG/Sustainable Finance Geneva ;
- Guibert del Marmol, the Lunt foundation (Belgium).
Slow Money Francophone members closed a first investment in January 2014, a 100,000 euro equity investment in Organic Seed Company in France. This will help the company to satisfy growing demand from private and professional gardeners, as well as to develop some site diversification on the farm.
New potential investments are being analyzed. We also are looking for communities interested in partnering in the development of pilot projects that support sustainable local food systems.
 « Made in Local », Editions Eyrolles, Paris, 9-2013.